- ABOUT US
- MASS SCHEDULES
- Adoration:Holy Hour
- Praying the Rosary
- Season Of Advent
- Season Of Lent
- Holy Week
- Mass & Rituals Celebrations
- Prayers & Blessings
- Weddings & Anniversaries
- Christian Funerals
- RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
- PARISH LIFE
- PARISH FESTIVAL
Confirmation Year 2
Confirmation Class 2013 or Year 2
Religious Education regular classes in preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation for the new year are presently in session. They are conducted on
Mondays from 7:00pm to 8:30pm.
The regular Classes for the new year 2012 - 2013 begin on Monday, September 10, 2012
Class and Parents' Meetings Schedules
The Office of the religious Education is open on
Mondays from 3:30pm to 5:00pm and
Saturdays from 8:30am to 10:00am.
Telephone number of the Religious Education office is 650-873-5356
The office is located in the Upper yard of the Parish grounds adjoining the School building.
This is a two and half years program
It is necessary to Register into the Program for the First year
It is necessary to Re-Enroll into the Program for the Second Year, at the successful completion of the First Year.
It is necessary to be Enrolled for the Reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation at the successful completion of the Second Year.
- The First year begins in the month of September and ends in the month of May of the following year.
- The Second year begins in the month of September, takes a Summer Break from June to August.
- They return in September of that year and complete their program in the early part of November.
There is a regular testing and evaluation schedule in the program. They have to pass these tests each year in order
- to be eligible to enter the Second Year of the program and in the same way, at the end of the second year,
- to be enrolled for the reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation.
In addition to the above mentioned eligibility parameters, there may be other vital documents necessary for the Process of Re-Enrollment in to the Program. PLease check the Religous Education Office for more details.
The dates for Re-Enrollments are announced after Easter every year. It is important that these young men and women are re-enrolled on those dates.
OPEN RE-ENROLLMENT INTO LEVEL TWO: SESSION 2012 - 2013
were held from: May 14th through June 6th, 2012.
The next and the last Open Re-Enrollment will be held on
Mondays: August 20th and 27th: from 4pm to 8pm
Wednesdays: August 22nd and 29th: from 4pm to 6pm
Saturday: August 25th: from 9am to 11am
Sponsors for the Sacrament of Confirmation:
It is considered necessary that these young men and women preparing to receive the sacrament of Confirmation have their Sponsors. How does one choose one's sponsors.
What is expected of a sponsor so chosen for this Sacrament....
The following are the expectations of the Office of the Religious Education:
The Sponsor Form received at the time of Re-Enrollment into the Year 2, must be filled in completely:
- It is expected that the parents enrolling their child into the program fill in the top portion of the Form identifying the child and pass it on to their sponsor.
- The sponsor needs to fill in his or her part of the portion in the form and sign it in the presence of his or her Pastor (commonly understood as the Pastor of the local Catholic Church, where the sponsor is registered and worships regularly).
- The Pastor of the Sponsor will verify the suitability of the sponsor, use the Parish seal, sign the form and return it to the sponsor, who in turn is expected to return it to the parents of the child preparing to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.
The Sponsor Form is due to be turned in to the Religious Education Office at the time of the Re-Enrollment Process into the Second Year of the Confirmation Class. The Process of re-Enrollment cannot be completed without this Sponsor Form.
Failing to turn in the completed Sponsor Form at the time of the Registration or re-enrollment into the Confirmation Program, will deem the process incomplete, and the candidate ineligible for the program and will not be allowed to begin his or her second year of the Confirmation Program.
Conference for the Confirmation Sponsors: A few guidelines
The Conference for the Confirmation Sponsors and the candidates for the Sacrament of Confirmation is scheduled in our Parish to be held on Monday, January 14, 2013 at 7pm in the Parish Hall.